As an archivist I want the search results table to present all standard columns for a record type when records are filtered to one type

Description

After conducting a staff interface search, if I filter search results to a specific record type I still only get the default "Record Type," "Title," and audit info columns in my search results table. When search results are filtered to only a single record type I would like to be able to see all the columns typically available on a search/browse page for that record type. Screen shots are provided to show how it looks when one searches for a phrase found in the "Record Link" data of an event record. While the search does appear to work (e.g. a global search secondarily filtered to events returns relevant events and a search filtered to events returns relevant events) the former type of search does not display the "Record Link" column in the results list. This does not permit a user to know that his/her search was, in fact, successful.

Activity

Show:
Christine Di Bella
November 5, 2018, 6:42 PM

ANW-681, ANW-685, and should all be worked on together.

Christine Di Bella
December 10, 2019, 1:19 PM

Test server available at http://wiprefds.lyrtech.org/staff/

Joshua Shaw
December 20, 2019, 2:36 PM

Appears to be working as desired. Column headers and data are contextual to the object type being displayed.

John Zarrillo
January 5, 2020, 3:22 PM

Agreed, this seems to be working on the test server. One thing I noticed is that search results with just one filter include the following column headers: Record type, Title, Found in, Identifier, and Dates. However, when I added a second filter the columns change to: Record type, Title, Level, Parent Resource, Dates, Extent. It’s unclear to me why there’s this discrepancy.

 

Lora Woodford
April 2, 2020, 1:49 PM
Edited
Done

Assignee

Sarah Morrissey

Reporter

Lora Woodford

Sprint

midMar-earlyApri

Fix versions

Priority

Major