The Technical Advisory Council (TAC) "provide[s] technical guidance and encourage[s] an active community of developers" (Bylaws for Governance of ArchivesSpace).
The purpose of the Technical Advisory Council includes but is not limited to:
- Provide overall technical guidance and liaise with the Core Committers group as needed.
- In collaboration with the Users Advisory Council, receive, suggest, discuss, and vote on ideas for software enhancements and priorities.
- Identify integrations of ArchivesSpace with other systems (e.g., digital asset management systems, patron and request management systems, etc.)
- Document and provider mappings for various metadata standards and identify new ones
- Provide ongoing updates to the technical documentation.
- In collaboration with the Users Advisory Council, conduct user testing of the application prior to releases.