Breed Memorial Hall is located at:
51 Winthrop St.
Medford, MA 02155
Options for Getting to Breed Memorial Hall
- Subway and Bus options
- Walking or Biking
Driving and Parking
- The best place to park is Tufts parking garage at 419 Boston Ave.
- Directions to the Parking Garage (419 Boston Avenue)
- Walking to Breed Memorial Hall from the Parking Garage:
- Exit garage and take a left on to Boston Ave.
In 0.3 miles, you will reach Winthrop St.
The main entrance to the building is located on the corner of Boston Ave. and Winthrop St.
- About Parking: The garage is open to visitors for $8.00 per visit. After parking your car in the garage, enter Dowling Hall and purchase a token from any token machine (located in the lobbies on floors 3, 5, 7 as well as the Parking Office located on the first floor). Upon exiting the garage, insert token in machine.
Subway and Bus: Taking the T
- Subway and Bus routes: The redline is the closest subway line to Tisch. Take the redline outbound to Alewife to the Davis square stop. You can take an MBTA bus or walk to Tisch (a 15-20 minute walk), or, during the fall and spring semester, take the Tufts Joey shuttle.
- The bus stop closest to this location is the Boston Ave @ Winthrop St stop. Bus lines with stops close to Tufts are the #96, which stops at Harvard Square and Davis Square, and #94, which stops in Medford Square in Medford, and Davis Square in Somerville. Consult the MBTA website, or choose the "Public Transit" option on Google Maps to find good times and bus routes.
- Getting to Breed Memorial Hall from Davis Square (Nearest T stop)
- Walking to Breed Memorial Hall from Davis Squre
- Taking MBTA bus to Breed Memorial Hall from Davis Square
- A short 15-20 minute walk on College Avenue
- Buses # 94 and #96 from Davis Square will take you to campus
- Take the “Joey”, a free Tufts shuttle (link) which runs during the academic year. The shuttle stops at the Davis Square MBTA Bus Stop (College Ave. side) and at the Mayer Campus Center across the street from the Library.
- Tufts Joey Shuttle: for Fall and Spring semester only