This working group (July - December 2017) evaluated and
submitted recommendations to enhance, streamline, and make the staff interface of the ArchivesSpace software application more accessible. A reduced group (indicated with * on the roster) continues to advise the ArchivesSpace program on the implementation of their recommendations.
- Review, in order to de-dupe and enhance where necessary, outstanding JIRA issues submitted by the community over the years regarding the staff interface.
- Identify areas of interest not covered by existing JIRA issues.
- Identify accessibility gaps in the current staff interface.
- Based on the group's research and member feedback, develop organized recommendations for staff interface improvements.
- Recommendations should address comprehensively and holistically the experience of the staff interface, taking into consideration the diverse experience levels and needs of staff, student, and volunteers who interact with the program
- Recommendations should consider both small and major improvements, from changing the size of labels to exploring major revisions to increase the ease and efficiency of use.
- Once finalized, work with the ArchivesSpace Program team and others to use the recommendations as the basis for a comprehensive specification for the look and feel of the next version of the staff interface.