This working group (July - December 2017) evaluated and submitted recommendations to enhance, streamline, and make the staff interface of the ArchivesSpace software application more accessible. A reduced group (indicated with * on the roster) continues to advise the ArchivesSpace program on the implementation of their recommendations.
- Review, in order to de-dupe and enhance where necessary, outstanding JIRA issues submitted by the community over the years regarding the staff interface.
- Identify areas of interest not covered by existing JIRA issues.
- Identify accessibility gaps in the current staff interface.
- Based on the group's research and member feedback, develop organized recommendations for staff interface improvements.
- Recommendations should address comprehensively and holistically the experience of the staff interface, taking into consideration the diverse experience levels and needs of staff, student, and volunteers who interact with the program
- Recommendations should consider both small and major improvements, from changing the size of labels to exploring major revisions to increase the ease and efficiency of use.
- Once finalized, work with the ArchivesSpace Program team and others to use the recommendations as the basis for a comprehensive specification for the look and feel of the next version of the staff interface.
This group will convene in video/telephone conferencing calls every two weeks. During the hour-long conference calls, the meetings will review specifications drafted and uploaded to the Google drive by individual members during that time period, refine scope and direction for the project, and discuss subjective decisions about Staff Interface recommendations (such as layout and organization). Throughout this process, the Working Group will communicate with the ArchivesSpace member community by issuing calls for comments for various in-progress recommendations.
The end product of this Working Group will be a comprehensive document of recommendations and wireframes addressing the look and feel of the next version of the staff interface in a Google doc first circulated for commentary, with a final draft posted on Confluence for future action by ArchivesSpace.
Reuther Library, Wayne State University
|Alexis Adkins*||California State Polytechnic University, Pomona||Large|
|Anna Kephart||College of Southern Maryland||Small|
|Annie Tang||Johns Hopkins University||Very Large|
|Benn Joseph**||Northwestern University||Very Large|
|Betsy Baldwin*||MIT||Very Large|
|Caitlin Wells||University of Michigan||Very Large|
|Christy Tomecek||Yale University||Very Large|
|Devon Proudfoot||University of Michigan||Very Large|
|Eleanor Blackman||Case Western Reserve University||Very Large|
|Elizabeth Wilkinson||Yale University||Very Large|
|Ella von Holtum*||Rochester Institute of Technology||Medium|
|Emma Jolley||National Library of Australia||Very Large|
|Greg Farr||Austen Riggs Center||Very Small|
|Jane LaBarbara*||West Virginia University||Very Large|
|Joanne Archer||University of Maryland||Very Large|
|Johanna Carll*||Harvard University||Very Large|
|John Anderies||William Way LGBT Community Center||Very Small|
|Lavinia Ciuffa||American Academy in Rome||Very Small|
|Linda Hocking||Litchfield Historical Society||Very Small|
|Linda Sellars*||North Carolina State University||Very Large|
|Lisa Calahan||University of Minnesota||Very Large|
|Lydia Tang, Chair*||Michigan State University||Very Large|
|Lynn Moulton*||Boston College||Large|
|Margaret T. Kidd||Virginia Commonwealth University||Very Large|
|Megan Blair||St. Edward's University||Small|
|Meghan Lyon||Duke University||Very Large|
|Miloche Kottman||University of Kansas||Very Large|
|Monique Sugimoto||Palos Verdes Library District||Very Small|
|Olivia Solis||University of Texas at Austin||Very Large|
|Sara Chetney||Claremont Colleges||Medium|
|Sarah Cassone||University of Southern California||Very Large|
|Suzanne Reller||University of Cincinnati||Large|
|Thomas Allen||University of Texas at Dallas||Medium|
*Indicates member is continuing as part of the Staff Interface Enhancement Advisory Group into 2018 - present
**Indicates member is joining the project as part of the Staff Interface Enhancement Advisory Group into 2018 - present
Working Group Support
Christine Di Bella, ArchivesSpace
Christine Kim, ArchivesSpace