2021-09-16 Metadata meeting notes

Aug 19, 2021 10-11am EDT ; 7-8am PDT

 

Microsoft Teams meeting

Click here to join the meeting

Participants

  • @Elizabeth Roke

  • @Valerie Addonizio

  • @Kevin Schlottmann

  • @Jared Campbell - Not present

  • @James Griffin - Not present

Minutes

  • @Valerie Addonizio

Previous Agendas

https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AC/pages/2889777230

Discussion Topics

Time

Item

Notes

Time

Item

Notes

5 min

Review and confirm work plan

2021-2022 Work Plan Yay or nay?

  • Though we only had 3/5 members present, we Yayed it.

15 min

New member

Member email

New ticket

  • Christine has let me know that we can anticipate a new member

  • I have received an email about AS compliance for Records in Context. Response? Community engagement opportunity?

    • Discussed. This ontology is still in beta and is too new for widespread adoption. We will not make a recommendation on supporting this at this time and can revisit once this ontology is in widespread use.

  • https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-1382

    • Kevin will review

25 min

Update on progress

Specifically updates on the tasks in the Action Items from the last meeting

  • I (Valerie) have set up a subscription to an improved search filter. It will email me once a month. Please let me know if you’d like to be subscribed or to receive an automated forward from me.

    • Kevin will receive these forwards, though Valerie needs to improve the filter

Here is the filter in JQL:

1 status in (Accepted, "Assigned to Developer", "Awaiting More Information", "Awaiting Prioritization", "Awaiting Support", "Development Started", "In Progress", "In Review", "Newly Added", "Pull Request Submitted", "Ready for Community Developer", "Ready for Implementation", "Ready for Inclusion in Release Candidate", "Ready for Testing", "Staff Interface Shortlist", "To Do", "Waiting for questions to be answered") AND labels = metadata_standards_subteam

10 min

Remaining issues from 2021-06-08 minutes

Remaining issues from 2021-06-08 minutes

  • We reviewed this during the meeting and it immediately brought our attention back to the idea that we are committing to reducing support for edge cases. Some of these remaining issues fall into that, so first do a retroactive review of what in the MARC mapping we will no longer support.

    • Elizabeth has volunteered to do this first pass.

  • This will be folded into a goal and will have some action items associated with it, like presenting to the community and documenting what we are not supporting

5 min

Next steps/homework

 

Action Items

@Valerie Addonizio Tag Dev Pri on https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-1175 and recommend ticket be closed/will not do
@Valerie Addonizio Improve filter again! Remove Ready for Implementation. Second time’s the charm.
@Valerie Addonizio Will draft a statement on where we stand on the future support of RiC
@Kevin Schlottmann Will review https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-1382 and report back
@Elizabeth Roke Will draft an email to the group about https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-768 , with comment welcome from @Kevin Schlottmann . This to capture the research and the recommendations in order to help our fellows.
@Valerie Addonizio Will follow up on https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-768 once the email is drafted and agreed upon
@Valerie Addonizio Will comment that we approve https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-1034
@Valerie Addonizio Create an AS Member Forum Idea Holding Pen page.
@Elizabeth Roke Will do a retroactive review of the MARC import mappings from last term as a first pass on reducing support. She will share with the group. This will have the follow through effect of removing some things we need to care about from last term. Those things will be noted.
@Valerie Addonizio Will add Kevin to her ticket filter digest email chain

Minutes

  • Minutes for individual topic discussions are reflected in action items and the agenda above; decisions about tickets end up as comments in those tickets

  • Big takeaway from this meeting is that many things coalesce around the goal of being explicit about what we do not support. Tickets, outstanding issues in the mappings, future work, community engagement are all entwined in this idea and it’s going to be a theme for the year. This carries momentum from last year.