2019-04-30 Meeting notes

Date

Apr 30, 20191-2:30pm EST

Call-info

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/619789499
Or iPhone one-tap: US: +16468769923 (619789499#) or +16699006833 (619789499#)

Or Telephone:
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 6468769923 or +1 6699006833 or +1 4086380968

Meeting ID: 619 789 499
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=lfJNhr4XU-I8p7oRrXXwebNlh57Ti7kq

Participants

Regrets:

Goals

Discussion topics

Who

Item

Notes

Decision

Who

Item

Notes

Decision

New business

Workflow tweaks

A new kanban board column of “Ready for Community Developer”

Please update your “areas of expertise”: https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AC/pages/38502430/Development+Prioritization+subteam

Do we need to define criteria for these statuses?

  • Minor

  • Major

  • Critical

  • Blocker

“Ready for Community Developer”

  • for smaller and more-straightforward things

Priorities:

  • if everything is a high priority than the devs can’t manage resources and expectations well

  • recognizing that not everything can be high priority – is it something that would be great to have or is it critical to have

  • can help program team manage expectations – what can they set aside

As a group when can re-assess the tickets that have already been passed. Ideas on how we can move forward?

  • Should define criteria for the priority rankings to refer to

  • Should we rank areas of the application that need to be more spec’ed out and need more attention? eg. locations, etc.

  • Have to keep in mind that we’re working with volunteers and that certain things are already in the pipeline from different groups and projects.

  • Could refer to Dev Pri community survey from 2016: link to results is one this page https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ADC/pages/31195177/Documents+Reports+and+Presentations .

    • Should we do another survey?? (make sure to acknowledge existing pipline and results aren’t immediate!)

    • Though if something is super important some work might be able to be set aside.

Maggie and Lydia will come back next month with some ideas on how can move a survey idea forward – reach out if you have additional thoughts!

Old business

https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-671

Split into 3 tickets. Which are ok to pass? 1 & 2?

New tickets:

https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-866: Pass and move to Community Developer
https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-867: Pass and move to Community Developer

Really old business

https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-99

close this ticket since the order of the click can be considered a feature.

Intentional feature.

Close.

Julia

https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-819

 

Julia

https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-536





Julia

https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-488

 

 

Edgar

https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-507

 

 

Edgar

https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-524

 

 

Edgar

https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-477

 

 

Maggie

https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-753

Need more information in order to replicate and confirm issue. Have others experienced issues with the NOT operator in PUI? Are developers already aware of the problem or does it need more info?

Rec: Awaiting more info

Close.

Maggie

https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-362

Might need more info on how it would be added to the staff user interface. Not sure how often 670s are used. If this is complicated and unlikely to be frequently used, should it be passed?

Cory’s comment includes specs and will align with Agents work.

Rec: Pass?

Pass and move to Community Developer.

 

Maggie

https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-415

Needs more detail or a specification.

Ticket doesn’t really have an “owner” – should we promote on the listserv?

Rec: Awaiting more info

Close ANW-415 and ANW-416, comment that if feel strongly please re-open.

William

https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-450

 

 

William

https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-548

 

 

William

https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-741

 

 

Alicia

https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-739

 

Pass and change to Trivial

Auto-generate code is used here and it is complicated, probably not suited for a Community Dev.

Alicia

https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-742

 

Link to ANW-783.

Leave comment that closing because it is redundant to ANW-783.

Alicia

https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-814

 

Needs to be better defined. Role and relator are a bit conflated in the ticket. Brings in EAD standards compliance. Adding relator to the import (see code).

Comment to ask for more description and clarification. Move to Awaiting More Info.

Laney/Lora

https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-668

 

Comment on:

  • Contents of actual ticket: Intentional, not a bug, it’s how the data model is.

  • Content of comment: A different issue, should be a different ticket. Another solution: using label field should display as a heading. If you still want this to be changed, please create a new ticket.

Close ticket.

Laney/Lora

https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-320

 

Disconnect between EAD2002 and EAD3.

Patrick will comment on needing more specifics on action.

Lydia will create new label for “standards”, which is how we can track tickets we want a as-yet-forthcoming standards group to weigh in on.

Keep in Awaiting More Info.

Terra

https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-444

 

 

Terra

https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-497

 

 

Terra

https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-548

 

 

Lydia

https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-785

Selfishly, I would like this to PASS

 

Lydia

https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-508

This ticket is super old, vague, and probably very difficult to manage. LT proposes to CLOSE this ticket.

 

Lydia

https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-526

This ticket is super old, vague, I don’t know that we even do deaccession records (besides an event). LT proposes to CLOSE this ticket.

 

Patrick

https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-355

Would like community input on the proposed vocabs for use. Also would love to have external identifiers added to certain models.

Keep in Awaiting more info. Priority change to minor.

Lydia going to add labels “seeking community input” and “linked data”.

Possible future convo about prioritziing linked data related work.

Patrick

https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-557

Need more contextual information about what would "look better".

Also need clarity on on the "add into the Edit Basic Information the Resource or Accession number and links back to the component". Do they just want links back to the linked resource/accession?

 

Patrick

https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-805

Ideally pass. Not exactly sure what's causing this, but can confirm that this bug appears. From what I can tell by researching <dao> structure standards, xlink attributes are technically not allowed. Would need to speak to development team about the best way to correct this.

 

Patrick

https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-504

Would support closing this ticket. Additionally, do not fully know what the purpose for this work would be.

 

Action items

Decisions